Thursday 27 March 2014


EVALUATION QUESTION 1: (PART 1 - SHORT FILM)

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?


The structure of my media product is developed through the conventions of drama in short film. The codes and conventions I used in my short film were;
- Involvement with props that can be harmful such as knifes or guns.
- Characters will usually include someone vulnerable and gangs.
- Someones private life becoming public.
- Betrayal.
- Crimes will usually be murder/drama will usually be to do with family and friends.

I decided that 'Wedding Secrets' would be an appropriate name for my short film because it instantly tells the audience that the film is going to be about secrets that will ruin the wedding. It is short and catchy which will allow the audience to remember what its called. The word 'secrets' is an enigma, it makes the audience wonder and question, what is the secret? Who is keeping the secret? and what are the consequences? I chose this name for the film because I didn't want to confuse the audience, I wanted them to understand right from the beginning what the film was based upon and it allows the audience to guess what happens. The location I chose was at an ordinary home, I wanted to get across how the characters are extremely close and are like family to one another, by having them in the house it emphasis's that they've known each other for many years, instead of having them outside, which could seem like they haven't known one another that long. The costume was casual, with the girls, one was wearing a maxi skirt as the other was wearing trousers and top. I did this to show the difference between the girls, Louise (wearing maxi skirt) is more reserved and quiet, whereas Tessa (wearing trousers and top) is more confident with her self and her body, and is out spoken. With the boys costume, I found out that guys usually wear sweat pants and sweat shirts at home, so I got Jakiya (playing both the boys) wearing sweat pants and sweat shirts, this could also reinforce how comfortable they all are with one another, coming to each others houses wearing whatever they feel comfortable in.


No comments:

Post a Comment