Thursday 3 April 2014


EVALUATION QUESTION 1: (PART 2 - ARTICLE)

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?


For my magazine, I simply called the magazine 'Film Magazine' to show that all the best films will be published in the magazine to allow the audience to see what other magazines have rated it and what the critics think about the film. The main colours I used grey, black and white. This is to show that the film is not about romance, instead is gloomy and sad, so it keeps in theme with the poster and the film. I used three images, a main image placed at the top, and two smaller behind the scenes images at the bottom on either side so all the characters can be seen in the magazine as only three characters were shown on the poster.
The main images, at the top, takes up 1/3 of the page, it is a behind the scenes picture of Louise, played by Tasnim, giving Wyatt, played by Jakiya, a kiss on the cheek. I added these images so its eye catching to the audience, if it was all text it may seem boring want it wouldn't engage with the audience. At the bottom of the image I put the title 'Wedding Secrets' in the same font as it does on the poster, in white. The title has a grey block underneath it to separate it from the caption which outlines in basic what the film is about. I tired to make my first sentence interesting to grab the audiences attention as the opening paragraph is the most important part of a magazine article, also known as the lead. If the first paragraph doesn't convince the reader to keep reading then they wont be interested in the rest. After immediately catching the audiences attention I went straight to the point of the message behind the film. After the lead, the next most important thing is the conclusion which I did through what the verdict was from this magazine. the ending of a magazine feature should bring the piece to a satisfying resolution for the reader. In a short paragraph I summarized what some main points of the film, good and bad, to even it out. 
On the left column of the article, there is the film information such as release date, genre, cast and director. Underneath it, I had verdicts of other magazines such as Guardian, The Sun, Empire and Total Film. I think its important what other top magazines rate the film as it could influence what the reader thinks about the film, if they see magazines like The Guardian and The Sun giving it high rating the reader might think its a good film if those magazines are saying its good and go to watch it. In various places I put long blocks of grey to separate certain parts and also to add some colour. I used grey for the blocks to carry on the theme of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment